If you know me, you will know I am a piano player working on a stage every night either in resorts or on cruise ships. I get asked the same questions most nights in my job. So I thought I would write a list of the top 25 things I get asked on a daily and weekly basis.
1. What’s your name? (If they’re old I usually let them get away with calling me Emily because they’re deaf and also can’t province my name and have never heard of it before)
2. How old are you?
3. Where are you from?
4. Where a-bouts in Australia? (And then they proceed to still have no clue where that is. If you don’t know any places in Australia … why ask me where abouts?)
5. Do you miss home?
6. Are you on here with someone?
7. Why aren’t you married?
8. When are you going to settle down?
9. Do you get sick of going back and forth?
10. Why’d you leave sunny Australia?
11. How long are you on here for?
12. How do you know so many songs?
13. What do you do during the day?
14. What are your future plans?
15. Why are you here?
16. Do you want a drink?
17. Will you come sit and have a chat?
18. Are you South African?
19. Are you Dutch?
20. Are you Swedish?
21. Are you Canadian?
22. Do you get days off?
23. How are you?
24. Why are there so many weirdos on this ship?
25. Will you come visit us?